Background and Identification
Dell Inspiron laptops were introduced in 1999 with the Inspiron 7500. This line of computers is marketed towards the general public. In the earlier models, this was unique because many of Dell’s computers were business-oriented, and only really available through Dell directly, not any third-party stores. The Inspiron 3551 is part of the Inspiron 3000 series. It has a 15 inch screen size, and uses an Intel processor.
The model number on a Dell laptop can be in several different places. Use Dell support for detailed information on the location of the model number. You can enter this number or the name of the computer (Inspiron 7500, for example) into the Dell support website to find troubleshooting help and support documents from the manufacturer.
- Height: 21.70 mm (0.85 in)
- Width: 380 mm (14.96 in)
- Depth: 260.30 mm (10.25 in)
- Weight (varies)": ~2.20 kg (4.85 lb)
- Processor: Intel Celeron Processor/Intel Pentium Processor
- Chipset: Integrated in processor
- Memory Slots: One SODIMM slot
- Memory Type: DDR3L, 1333 MHz speed
- Memory Configurations: 2 GB and 4 GB
- Graphics: Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- Display Type: 15.6-inch Truelife
- Display Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Battery Type: 4-cell smart lithium (40 or 47 WHr)