HDD sluggish, fixing permissions does not work.
My machine have had some sluggish and strange behavior lately. I have narrowed it down to the HDD, the disk itself or the disk interface.
- Writes are extremely slow and sometimes stops completely during file transfers and normal operation
- Reads are mostly normal, but opening programs like iPhoto is slow
- HDD is not making any strange or out of the place sounds.
- Check HDD status
- Returned normal
- Fix / check permission
- Didn't work. Left it running for 8 hours, but no progress was made. I tried using disk utility and OnyX.
- Worked when doing it from the install DVD (thanks to mayer)
Now, as to why the fixing and checking permissions isn't working I'm just confused. If anyone has any theories about that, please share them with me. - solved, thanks to mayer
As I see it the next logical step is to zero out the HDD and recover from my time machine backup. Or should I do a clean install?
Permissions now almost fixed. Got an error about an SUID file being modified. The file path referred to a file called ARDAgent.
Any idea what that is? - Sorry, asked before trying google. It's a known bug and can be safely ignored.
I'm now testing to se if my read write issue was solved.
Fixing disk permissions seems to have solved this issue for me. Thanks for the help everyone!
Esta pergunta é pertinente?