Background and Identification
The HP Deskjet 2600 is a compact all-in-one inkjet printer series released by Hewlett-Packard in April 2017. Inkjet printing recreates a digital image by propelling droplets of ink onto paper and plastic substrates. Inkjet printers are the most common type of printer. All-in-one printers include printing, scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities. The HP Deskjet 2600 includes three one-touch buttons (Power, Resume, and Cancel) to print documents, presentations, brochures, flyers, and photos.
The HP Deskjet 2600 can print at speeds of up to 28 pages per minute for black and white prints and 21 pages per minute for color prints. It comes with an 80-sheet input tray and a 20-sheet output tray. Users can scan documents and photos up to 8.5 by 11.7 inches from the scan glass. The printer’s faxer includes 40-speed dial settings and up to a 60-page memory.
The Deskjet 2600 includes a black inkjet print cartridge (HP 96), a tri-color inkjet print cartridge (HP 95, HP 97), a photo inkjet print cartridge (HP 99), and a gray photo inkjet print cartridge (HP 100). It includes USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 ports as well as an Ethernet Port.
HP printers can be identified by the HP logo, which includes the name “HP” in lowercase font inside of a circle. Deskjet printers often include the name “Deskjet” and the model name or number in the upper left-hand corner of the printer’s front face.
- Height: 21.21 cm (8.35 inches) (color graphics display in the down position)
- Width: 46.4 cm (18.4 inches)
- Depth: 37.2 cm (14.6 inches)
- Weight: 8.5 kg (18.75 pounds)
- Black inkjet print cartridge: HP 96
- Tri-color inkjet print cartridge: HP 95, HP 97
- Photo inkjet print cartridge: HP 99
- Gray photo inkjet print cartridge: HP 100
- Method: Drop-on-demand thermal inkjet
- Language: HP PCL Level 3, PCL3 GUI or PCL 10
- Print speeds vary according to the complexity of the document
- 1200 by 1200 dpi black
- 1200 by 1200 dpi color with HP PhotoREt lll
- Digital image processing
- Up to 99 copies from original (varies by model)
- Digital zoom from 25 to 400% (varies by model)
- Fit to page, Poster, Many on page
- Up to 30 copies per minute black; 20 copies per minute color (varies by model)
- Copy speeds vary according to the complexity of the document
- Up to 600 x 1200 dpi copy resolution, black
- Up to 4800 x 1200-optimized dpi color copying on HP Premium Photo Paper and 1200 scan dpi copy resolution, color
- Image editor included
- Integrated OCR (optical character recognition) package
- Twain-compliant interface
- Resolution: up to 2400 x 4800 dpi optical; 19,200 dpi enhanced (software)
- Scan speeds vary according to the complexity of the document
- Color: 48-bit color, 8-bit grayscale (256 levels of gray)
- Maximum scan size from glass: 216 x 297 mm (8.5 x 11.7 inches)
- Walk-up black and white and color fax capability
- Up to 40-speed dial settings (varies by model)
- Up to 60-page memory (varies by model, based on ITU-T Test Image #1 at standard resolution). More complicated pages or higher resolution take longer and use more memory.
- Manual multiple-page fax
- Automatic busy redial up to five times (varies by model)
- Automatic no-answer redial one time (varies by model)
- Confirmation and activity reports
- CCITT/ITU Group 3 fax with Error Correction Mode
- 33.6 Kbps transmission
- 3 seconds per page speed at 33.6 Kbps (based on ITU-T Test Image #1 at standard resolution). More complicated pages or higher resolution take longer and use more memory.
- Ring detect with automatic fax/answering machine switching
- Power consumption: 75 W maximum
- Input voltage: AC 100 to 240 volts - 2 A 50-60Hz, grounded
- Output voltage: DC 31 volts === 2420 mA