Wiki contribuído por estudante
Um aluno de nosso programa de educação fez este wiki. Não foi feito pelo pessoal do iFixit.
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Troubleshooting
Released March, 2018
- Problems with wifi connection
- Computer Does Not Power On
- Does not Hold Charge
- Webcam shows black picture when opened
- Blue Screen of Death
- No picture displayed on screen
This troubleshooting page will help you diagnose problems with the HP Elitebook 840 G5.
The computer does not connect to wifi or has a yellow exclamation mark over the wifi symbol saying it is a limited connection.
Right click on the wifi sign and click Troubleshoot Problems. Follow instructions once the test is over.
If this test does not fix it, Follow these steps:
- Right click on the wifi symbol again and click Open Network and Internet Settings.
- At the bottom there is something that says Network reset. Click Network reset.
- Click Reset now.
This will reset the network adapters completely and restart your computer.
If resetting the wireless connection did not work, your wireless card may be faulty or installed incorrectly. Please follow our guide here how to reinstall or replace your wireless card. HP EliteBook 840 G5 WIFI Card Replacement
You have your computer plugged in and you push the power button but it does not turn on.
Make sure sure the charging port is clear of debris. You can do this by cleaning out the port or blowing in it. Confirm that the indicator light on the adapter is lit, showing that the adapter is receiving power. If this light is not on, the power adapter may be faulty.
If the computer beeps several times but fails to turn on, the RAM is at fault. Follow our replacement guide for RAM HP EliteBook 840 G5 RAM Replacement.
If the laptop displays a "Drive not detected" error on startup or during use, the Operating System may be having issues. To resolve the issue:
- Get a Windows installation for the version the computer is running.
- Click Boot to the Windows installation
- Click Repair your computer.
- Click Startup Repair and let the program run.
Startup Repair will resolve any issues that would prevent the computer from powering on. If Startup Repair does not resolve the issue, the hard drive has probably failed. Follow this replacement guide to replace the hard drive HP EliteBook 840 G5 SSD Storage Replacement
The Laptop only functions when it is plugged into a power source.
Your computer probably has a dead battery. We can check if this is the case by following these simple steps:
- Turn on the computer and quickly press the esc key
- Press the F2 key to select diagnostics
- Follow the on screen instructions to start battery diagnostics
- If diagnostics reports that the battery is consumed, follow this guide to replace the faulty battery. HP EliteBook 840 G5 Battery Replacement
- Slide webcam cover to the side
"The computer only shows a blue screen when powered on"
- Depending on the issue, the hard drive may need to be replaced. Make sure your motherboard is compatible with the hard drive you choose to install. Follow our replacement guide HP EliteBook 840 G5 SSD Storage Replacement.
- Depending on the issue, RAM must be replaced. Check for RAM types that are compatible with your motherboard before installing. Follow our RAM replacement guide HP EliteBook 840 G5 RAM Replacement.
"The computer powers on but doesn't display an image"
- Your screen might be broken and might need to be replaced