Wiki contribuído por estudante
Um aluno de nosso programa de educação fez este wiki. Não foi feito pelo pessoal do iFixit.
Toshiba Excite 7c Troubleshooting
Released 2009, model no. PDA0HU-002001.
Tablet will not turn on
The device will not turn on for a unknown reason. Some of the most common reasons for this may be:
Attempt to charge the tablet. If the tablet will not charge, attempt using another charging cable. Any standard Micro USB will work.
If the tablet will not hold a charge but will run while plugged in, the battery will need to be replaced. Follow the guide here.
Broken Power Button
If the power button does not push evenly or gets stuck in the case when depressed, the linkage can be replaced. The button itself is a part of the circuit board so a defective circuit board required replacement of the motherboard.
Defective Circuit Board
The circuit board is probably defective, follow the directions to replace it here.
Camera Doesn't Work
The tablet does not display an image when the camera app is open
Replace the camera by following this guide.
Defective Circuit Board
Replace the circuit board using this guide.
Screen Doesn't Register Touch Input
Unfortunately the screen was not available for purchase online at the time this guide was written. Check to make sure all connections are secure, and if it still doesn't work, contact Toshiba for repair/replacement.
If you have been able to source a screen follow the replacement guide here.
If the speaker is not working properly it may need to be replaced or moved.
If the speaker is damaged it can be replaced by taking out the old speaker and replacing it with a new one following this guide.
Inside the device there is a wire that connects to a port in the circuit board. This can be bumped loose if the device has been damaged or taken apart before.
Short Battery Life
The battery does not last as long as advertised or there is reduced battery life.
Power Reduction Options
- If your battery is dying rapidly after turning it on you may want to lower your brightness and not run programs in the background, this will save your battery and make your device run faster. Download a battery monitor app to see which apps or services are using up the most power.
- Use the charger that came with the tablet, not a dollar store brand. Using the dollar store brand can damage the battery life.
- If none of the above work, you're likely to need a new battery. This can be ordered online and replaced easily by following this guide. This will fix any battery related issues. If problems persist, there is another hardware issue affecting battery life.
- Note: It helps to always use the official charger that comes with the tablet, or direct from Toshiba. Also try to not have the tablet on 24/7.
Factory resets are usually used as a last resort, this is because performing a factory reset will erase all of your settings and files from your device. This is irreversible! Factory resets are used to restore your device to the settings that it came with when first purchased.
To factory reset Android Jellybean, you have 2 options.
- Boot into safe mode
- Reset from the Settings app.
To enter safe mode, press the power button on your tablet then quickly press and hold the volume down button until it boots into safe mode. Once you see the Android logo with a red triangle icon, hold the power button and tap the volume up button. You should see the recovery menu appear. Then just choose the Yes option for erasing all data. Use the volume buttons to scroll through the menu, and the power button to select an option.
To reset from the Settings app, open the app, then go to the "Backup & Reset", and choose "Factory Reset". This will erase all personal information on the tablet.