Wiki contribuído por estudante
Uma equipe incrível de estudantes do nosso programa de educação fez esta wiki.
Shine duets will not power on
The Shine Duets machine will not power on when plugged in.
The power adapter is not working
If your device is not powering on, your adapter may have been damaged. If this is the case, the device will work if another AC 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz power cord is used. Check to see if using another cable will power on your device.
The batteries need to be replaced
There is a chance that the batteries on the device need to be replaced. In order to do so, you will need 8 C-sized batteries. They can be rechargeable batteries, but the device itself will not recharge them, you will have to do so yourself.
In order to access the batteries, you must find the battery compartment on the back, and pull the tabs. Each compartment has room for 2 batteries, which must be aligned back-to-back. Once the batteries are replaced, try powering the device on again.
The power jack is broken
If none of the previous solutions have worked for you, then the issue may be the power jack itself. If this is the case, you may need to check out our power jack replacement guide.
The motherboard is damaged
If all else fails, your issue may come from the motherboard itself. In this scenario, you could search for a replacement motherboard, but it would be far more practical to purchase a new device, as there are no online retailers which sell the specific motherboard for the SML2250.
If you still wish to fix your device, please go to our recovery page.
There is no sound from the Speaker
I’m trying to play music, but no audio is coming from the machine.
Check your personal device’s audio
If audio is not coming from the speaker, check to see if the volume is up on the device you have connected to the SML2250. In some cases, your connected device itself might be damaged. To test this, check to see if your external device plays sound to other speakers.
Check your USB cable connection
There may be a chance that your issue may stem from the USB connector cable you are using, if that is how you are connecting your device, try and see if the cable functions elsewhere, either by using it to charge a device, or by connecting a device to a computer.
The speaker or motherboard is damaged
If neither of these solutions have worked, the issue may be internal. If the motherboard itself is damaged, it may be impractical to replace it, but it is still possible. If the speaker is damaged, it may be replaceable. Refer to our repair page to see how to replace the broken parts, or simply purchase a new device.
There is no sound from the Microphone
When speaking into the microphone, sound does not come from the speaker.
The microphone is damaged
Your issue could be due to damaged speakers (refer to "there is no sound from the speaker from earlier in this guide), or from dropping/tapping the mic or damaged wires from twirling the microphone cord.
- Step 1: Turn Sing Machine ON
- Step 2: Check that the microphone is properly connected to the MIC jack 1 and/or MIC jack 2
- Step 3: Ensure that the ON/OFF switch on the side of the microphone is switched to ON
- Step 4: Turn up MIC VOLUME.
If the issue persists, replace the microphone.
Files are not playing from USB device
When I try to play a file via a USB device, no audio plays.
The file is corrupted
The audio file that is trying to be played may be corrupted.
- Plug USB device into a pc
- Try playing audio files from pc
- Import clean versions of any corrupted files
- Plug USB device back into Sing Machine to see if new files play
The audio file or USB device is in the wrong format
Audio files must be formatted as mp3 and USB devices must be formatted as FAT(32)
- Plug USB device into pc
- Check format of USB device
- Reformat device to FAT(32)
- Check format of audio files
- Import new mp3 files
- Plug USB device into Sing Machine to see if files play
The connected USB device is not supported by this Sing Machine
Some USB devices may not be supported by this Sing Machine unit, in which a different USB device should be used instead.
Bluetooth device will not connect to the Singing Machine
The Singing Machine’s Bluetooth fails to connect to your mobile device, and music does not play
Turning on the Singing Machine and getting ready to pair device
- Step 1: turn the Singing Machine on by pressing the power button (an indicator light will flash when the machine is turned on).
- Step 2: hold the BT (Bluetooth) button on the Sing Machine and an alternating blue and red light will flash when ready.
- If you need to reset pairing, press and hold the BT button a second time until the light flashes.
Getting your device ready to pair
- Step 3: make sure to activate the Bluetooth settings on the device you want to pair with the Singing Machine.
- Step 4: select the Sing Machine in your device settings.
- Step 5: reset the machine by turning it off and on then try again starting from Step 1.
- Step 6: if the Bluetooth doesn't connect after Steps 1-5, try connecting a different mobile device to the Sing Machine (there may be a Bluetooth issue with the original mobile device).
If all else fails
- Step 7: if the Bluetooth still fails to connect, there may be an issue with the Singing Machine’s motherboard. A replacement motherboard or machine should be purchased. Refer to our repair page.
The lights are not working
One or more of the LED light sets will not glow
The light board is disconnected from the motherboard
In the case that your lights are out, try opening your system with a Phillips Screwdriver and reconnecting the LEDs to the motherboard. In the event that this occurs, refer to our LED replacement guide on our repair page.