- Cell phone not powering on
- Decreased battery lifetime
- Keyboard not working
- Poor/nonexistent sound quality
- Other party unable to hear you speak.
- Unable to take pictures
- Unable to make calls
- Unable to send and/or receive text messages
- Unable to pair with other Bluetooth devices
- Unable to display MMS and/or email attachments
- Appearance of error messages
- Phone Overheats
- Phone Freezes or Locks Up
Cell phone not powering on
When pressing on the power button, the cell phone will not power on.
- Check if battery is drained. If so, charge the battery for 5 minutes and then try to power on again.
Battery Seated Incorrectly
- Remove any residue or debris found on phone or battery terminal with a soft and dry cloth.
- Check if the battery is seated correctly.
- If none of the above techniques fixes the problem, the power button may need replacement. For replacement aid, refer to Pantech Matrix Power Button Replacement.
Decreased battery lifetime
The battery does not stay charged as long as it did when the phone was new.
Software is Draining Battery
- Close all applications running in the background.
- Close all applications before turning the display off.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use.
- Turn off the connection to GPS satellites when not in use.
- Try not to use certain features which use more data (ie. camera, browsing, email) for an extended time.
Brightness Settings are Draining Battery
- Adjust to shorter delay time for the screen to automatically turn off.
- Lower the display brightness.
Poor Signal is Draining Battery
- Stay in the area of good signal coverage while using the phone.
Use of Incorrect Charger is Draining Battery
- Always charge with the Pantech authorized AC charger.
Keyboard not working
One or both of the phone's keyboards are not functioning properly.
Application Does Not Allow Keyboard Use
- Check if you are on a page that allows keyboard use (some applications do not allow keyboard use).
Phone Needs to Restart
- Restart the phone after removing and replacing the battery. Refer to Pantech Matrix Battery Replacement for instructions on removal and replacement.
Keyboard Needs Replacement
- If none of the above techniques fixes the problem, the keyboard may need replacement. For replacement aid, refer to Pantech Matrix Keypad Replacement.
Poor/nonexistent sound quality
It is difficult or impossible to hear anything through the phone's speaker.
Hand is Blocking Sound
- Make sure device is not grabbed in such a way that would block the sound.
Volume is Turned Down or Off
- Check the phone volume.
No Content with Sound is Playing
- Check that there is actually something playing that makes sound.
Speakers Need Replacement
- Replace the speakers on the phone. Refer to the Pantech Matrix Speaker Replacement guide for instructions on replacement.
Other party unable to hear you speak.
Even though you are talking, the other party is unable to hear you.
Mute is Turned On
- Check if phone is on Mute. If so, please deactivate Mute feature.
Volume is Turned Down
- Turn volume up to a level in which the other party can be heard.
Volume Button Needs Replacement
- If none of the above techniques fixes the problem, the volume button may need replacement. For replacement aid, refer to Pantech Matrix Volume Button Replacement.
Unable to take pictures
The phone's camera is unable to capture a satisfactory image.
MicroSD Card is Not Properly Installed
- Check if microSD card is installed and mounted correctly onto the device. For proper installation and mounting, refer to Pantech Matrix MicroSD Card Replacement.
Something is Obstructing the Camera Lens
- Check if camera lens is dirty. If so, clean camera lens with soft, dry cloth.
- Check if lens seal is present. If present, remove seal.
Camera Button Needs Replacement
- If none of the above techniques fixes the problem, the camera button may need replacement. For replacement aid, refer to Pantech Matrix Camera Button Replacement.
Unable to make calls
The phone will not complete a call.
Cellular Signal is Poor
- Make sure you are in an area with good cellular signal. Check cell signal indicator at top left of the phone screen.
Phone is in Airplane Mode
- Check if phone is in Airplane mode. If so, deactivate Airplane mode.
SIM Card is Incorrectly Inserted
- Check if SIM card is inserted correctly. For correct insertion, refer to Pantech Matrix SIM Card Replacement.
- After entering the phone number, be sure to press the dial icon.
Unable to send and/or receive text messages
Text messages cannot be sent from and/or received by the phone.
Phone is Outside Coverage Service Area
- Check if you are in coverage service area.
Phone is in Airplane Mode
- Check if your phone is set on Airplane mode. If so, deactivate Airplane mode.
SIM Card is Incorrectly Inserted
- Check if the SIM card is inserted correctly. For correct insertion, refer to Pantech Matrix SIM Card Replacement.
Messaging Settings Do Not Allow Messages to Be Sent and/or Received
- Check that you have not blocked certain messages such as Advertisement or Messages from Anonymous Sender in Messaging Settings.
Device Memory is Full
- If device memory is full, it cannot send and/or receive text messages. If device memory is full, delete any messages currently in your inbox and outbox to enable messaging.
Unable to pair with other Bluetooth devices
The phone will not pair with a compatible Bluetooth device.
Bluetooth is not Turned On
- Check if Bluetooth is turned on.
Something is Wrong with the Bluetooth Device
- Check if the Bluetooth device you would like to pair is fully charged.
- Check if Bluetooth device you are trying to pair with is within 33 ft (10 meters) of your phone.
- Bluetooth devices currently connected to other devices may not support pairing with your phone. Turn off the connection of the other Bluetooth device first and try pairing it with your phone.
You did not Scan for Devices
- Scan for devices first and attempt to pair when the device is found.
There is Interference from the Phone's Wi-Fi Signal
- Bluetooth connection may fail by a possible radio interference with Wi-Fi signal. Turn off Wi-Fi and try pairing with Bluetooth device again.
Unable to display MMS and/or email attachments
Multi Media Messages and/or Email Attachments will not Load.
An Authentication Error has Occurred
- Confirm your account's Username and Password in Incoming/Outgoing server settings. It may be due to Authentication error.
Settings are Set Up Incorrectly
- If the account is set up properly, but you cannot send an email through the email provider's server, change your Incoming and Outgoing settings in Account settings. Try sending an email with each Security type - SSL and SSL (Accept all certificates).
- Turn off the Wi-Fi and try a test email using 3G. If Wi-Fi is already off, turn on and try it.
- Try sending email using Gmail or other email account. It may be the problem of email service provider's end.
- Turn off the phone, turn it on again and try sending a test email.
Appearance of error messages
Error messages appear when phone is plugged into PC using USB data cable.
Cord is not Connected to the Phone
- Check cord connection to cell phone.
Incorrect PC Suite
- Make sure the correct PC Suite is installed on PC.
- If the correct PC Suite is not downloaded, download the compatible PC Suite with your Pantech Cross and connect to PC
- Go to www.pantechusa.com and find compatible PC suite for your model
- Download and install PC Suite and open it on your PC
- Connect desired device to PC with USB data cable.
- Wait until your PC searches for the New Hardware Port and install the driver for your device.
- Once installed, the device will automatically open the Data Manager Application and appear Connected.
The phone stops working because it is too hot.
- If your phone is in use for prolonged periods of time, it may become warmer. In most cases, this condition is normal and therefore not a failure of the device.
Phone Freezes or Locks Up
The phone's display is stuck on one image.
Turn Phone Off and On
- Power cycle the device by normally turning off and on the phone.
Remove and Reinsert the Battery
- If this does not work, remove the battery, reinsert it, and turn it on again. For replacement aid, refer to Pantech Matrix Power Button Replacement.