Wiki contribuído por estudante
Um aluno de nosso programa de educação fez este wiki. Não foi feito pelo pessoal do iFixit.
HP Elite X2 1013 G3 Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting page will help you diagnose problems with the HP Elite X2 1013 G3 2 in 1 Notebook.
Fan Is Noisy
The fan is very loud and the device may grows noticeably warm.
Out of Date Software
You may need a software update! HP distributes updated BIOSs to manage the fan, CPU power loads, and other components. Visit this page for complete instructions to determine and upgrade your current BIOS.
You may need to clean the out your vents. The Notebook computer has vents on the bottom and sides to remove heat. If the vents become blocked, the fans cannot cool the components properly, leading to an overworked (and louder) fan. If the vents are dusty, use a can of compressed air to blow dust out of the area inside vents. While the computer is on, place it on a hard, level surface to keep the vent areas unobstructed.
Computer Starts But Screen Remains Blank
The computer stops at a black screen with a blinking cursor after entering the Windows password.
Some Unwanted Tasks May Be Running
To disable unwanted tasks, follow these steps:
- On the black screen, press Ctrl, Shift, ESC to open the Task Manager window.
- Click the tab.
- Look for one or both of the following tasks:
- Run Once Wrapper
- Run Once Wrapper (32-bit)
Right-click the task, and then click the button. Windows should start normally.
Computer Does Not Turn On (no lights or sounds)
The device shows no signs of life.
Device May Require a Hard Reset
Perform a hard reset of your notebook computer before trying any other troubleshooting steps.
System Requires a Diagnostic Test
The diagnostic tests are run from the Startup menu. These tests check the main components of your computer to make sure they are working properly. Use the following steps to run the diagnostics tests to check for problems.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press ESC repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu displays, and then press the F2 key.
The System Diagnostics screen displays with the following menu options.
- System Information
- System Tests
- Component Tests
- Test Logs
3. Click the test you want to run. Each test runs individually and displays the results.
Key Presses Are Slow To Respond
After pressing a key, there is a short delay before the character displays on the screen.
Filter Key Function May Be Active
- In Windows, search the “keyboard”, and then open or
- Make sure the Filter Keys option is disabled, the the keys should be more responsive.
Function Keys Do Not Work
Faulty function keys do not respond or have any effect.
Key Driver May Be Out of Date
If pressing any of the function keys does nothing while the rest of the keys are working properly, you need to replace the function key driver.
- Follow this link, identify your computer, and then look for keyboard drivers.
- Click , and then select the or driver, depending on your operating system and notebook model.
- Download and install the driver, the function keys should now work.