Ok, after a lot of frustration, I got it working again ( I gaev up 3 times and a year has elapsed) I gave up on this $@$*!& phone and switched to a Google Pixel, but my mom broke her phone so I decided to try once more and fix the $@$*!& G5 for her to use as a back up. Many thanks to Shlomsi - his post was on point. See images below for referee: I had previously put more mesh/foil at locations 1 and 2, and the GPS improved but it was not fully “functional”. Locations 1 and 2 are what people talk about — but as Shlomsi pointed out there is a Location 3. Once I unscrewed and pried up the PCB and stuck some foil/mesh tape I was back in action! Thanks again Shlomsi !