Burrying the phone on a bowl or box of rice will help sip the moisture, but this takes about “a week” before you should turn on the cellphone or any gadget. Allowing time to let the moisture out and have it dried completely will save your gadget from short circuit. I’m afraid yours has already been damaged, and best to replace the LCD.
Try to replace it wit the same battery specifications first to check if it's no short circuited. If you have stores nearby that you can atleast try to have the battery installed if it is the right one, that would be good. If not, you can order online. this is to isolate the problem, if it’s the battery—replace it (cheaper), or sad if it’s the phone that has been damaged. Anyhow, you can try it. Cheers