Background and Identification
The Honda General Purpose Motor model GX200UT2 is an air-cooled, four-stroke, overhead-valve engine. It can be used for pressure washers, commercial lawn and garden equipment, tillers and cultivators, generators, construction and industrial equipment, agricultural equipment, small vehicles, and water pumps, among other applications. Without fuel or oil, this engine weighs 35 pounds.
The model GX200UT2 displaces 196 cubic centimeters (cc) and produces a net power output of 5.5-horsepower at a speed of 3600 revolutions per minute. The engine produces a net torque of 9.1 foot-pounds at a speed of 2,500 revolutions per minute. It can hold up to 0.83 gallons of gasoline and 0.63 quarts of engine oil. Honda recommends using unleaded 86 octane or higher fuel for this engine.
The GX200UT2 model features a camshaft design that has precise valve timing and valve overlap for increased fuel efficiency. This engine is also CARB and EPA certified, meaning that the engine meets the California Air Resources Board’s and Environmental Protection Agency’s rules and regulations for air pollution.
The Honda General Purpose Motor model GX200UT2 can be identified by its red engine cover, a white fuel tank, and a mechanical box with a black cover. The name “Honda” is printed in white font on the side of the engine cover along with the model “GX” in red font and “200” in black font with a white border.
- Make: Honda
- Model: GX 200
- Type: Small Engine
- Fuel: Gas Unleaded 86 Octane or Higher
- Engine Type: 4 Stroke OHV Single Cylinder
- Bore/Stroke: 68 X 54
- Displacement: 196 cc
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Max Power: 5.5 HP @ 3600 RPM
- Max Torque: 9.1 ft. lbs. @ 2500 RPM
- Ignition Type: Transistorized Magneto
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.75 x 15 x 13.75 in.
- Starting Type: Recoil Pull Start
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 0.83 Gal.
- Oil Capacity: 0.63 Qt
- Dry Engine Weight: 35 lbs.
- Shaft Type: Keyed - Straight
- Shaft Diameter: 3/4" Diameter, 3/16" Keyway
- Shaft Length: 2-5/8" Total, 2-5/16" Usable
- Shaft I.D. Thread Size: 5/16"-24 Drilled and Tapped
- Bolt Pattern: 4 Bolt
- Oil System: Splash, Oil Alert
- Reduction Type: None
- Engine Cooling Type: Forced Air Cooling
- PTO shaft Rotation: Counterclockwise (from PTO shaft side)
- Governor System: Centrifugal Mechanical
- Air cleaner: Dual Element