Severe internal overheating, blistered plastic over RAM
I've been brought this macbook to try and repair. The behaviour pointed towards overheating, the base remained very hot to the touch for some time after switching off. When I opened it up to have a look, there was a very visible sign of dangerous overheating, the protective cover over the RAM had got so hot that it blistered (see photo)
Could this just be a very bad internal heat dissipation problem, for example the fan and heat pipe failing to draw heat away from the CPU, and this just happens to be the only component near the CPU that can melt?
Or is it more likely the RAM itself that has heated up and caused this, in which case we're probably looking at a logic board replacement?
Esta é uma boa pergunta?