It is possible that the cause of your laptop shutting down immediately after opening an app on LDPlayer is due to GPU thermal shutdown. This occurs when the temperature of the GPU (graphics processing unit) reaches a critical level, causing the system to shut down as a safety measure to prevent damage.
If you have waited for the system to cool down and the issue persists, it is likely that the thermal paste on your GPU needs to be replaced. Over time, thermal paste can dry out and lose its effectiveness in dissipating heat, causing the GPU to overheat.
To fix this issue, you can follow these steps:
- Turn off your laptop and unplug it from the power source.
- Remove the back cover of your laptop to access the GPU.
- Carefully remove the old thermal paste from the GPU using a clean cloth or cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol.
- Apply a small amount of new thermal paste to the center of the GPU.
- Replace the back cover of your laptop and screw it in place.
- Turn on your laptop and check if the issue has been resolved.
If the issue persists after replacing the thermal paste, it is recommended to seek professional help or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.