A Catalog of Good and Bad Phone Battery Brands. Is ifixit the best?
I’m looking at getting a battery for a Google pixel, but I’d first like to see if ifixit batteries are really that much better. Since we’re doing this though, we might as well keep a running tally.
I’d like a sample of around 10 ifixit batteries, for any phone, that have been tested with Accubattery, or a similar app. I’d also like the results of other brands of batteries as well.
The information I’d like, is the estimated mAh after the first charge, and after several charges. Also, if you’ve had the battery for some time, I’d like the current capacity estimate as well, for a longevity comparison.
Here’s an example of what I’m looking for:
- Generic battery from Amazon for HTC 10. Seller: PhoneFixCA
- Original battery capacity: 3000 mAh. Advertised battery capacity: 3000 mAh.
- Actual battery capacity after one charge from 0% to 100% measured by Accubattery, and a usb ammeter: 1900 mAh.
- Capacity after 2 charges: 1900 mAh.
- Capacity after 1 year: Unknown. I didn’t keep the battery, as my old battery was still at 2300 mAh.
Obviously “generic battery” isn’t very helpful, but that’s all I have experience with so far, so it’ll have to do for an example.
The hope in doing this, is to keep people from purchasing a bad battery, and to give peace of mind when they buy a good one. Also, this should help people know if they got a defective battery, or if it’s just a bad brand.
Esta pergunta é pertinente?