Replaced display - Home button has TouchID but does not work as Home?
I just did a screen replacement with an iPhone 8. Moved the Home button from old to new with no issues. I have come up with a weird issue.
After boot-up, after about 10 seconds, an on-screen home button shows up. There is no error that comes up in relation to the home button (Touch ID can not be Activated, for example.)
You can not use the Home button to turn on the device or go home. However, Touch ID still works. Can register new fingerprints. It recognizes registered vs unregistered. But it does not work as an actual Home button.
- Reboot phone fully (Vol Up - Vol Down - Power)
- Reseated connector for Home button
- Reseated connector onto main board
- Inspected all connectors (All fine)
- Cleaned connectors
- Tried another screen in case cable on new screen caused it
- Cleaned around edges of home button and opening
- Ensured nothing binding on new screen opening
- Confirmed all correct screw lengths and positions (All fine)
- Ensures support bar was straight
I’m at a loss right now. Any suggestions?
Esta pergunta é pertinente?