Always needing to reset SMC + Fans running at full speed
For reference, I’ve done some troubleshooting and replaced DC-in at Unable to power up after it slept.
Latest steps to replicate issue, consistently:
- Failure to boot up post shutdown/sleep/close lid.
- Initiate force shut down by holding power button down.
- Power up with power button again. Fans will run at full speed. MacBook can be used this way but it runs at full speed constantly.
- Not wanting to use the computer this way, I force shut down by holding power button down. And then reset SMC by holding CTRL+OPT+SHIFT+POWER buttons down for 10 seconds.
- Power up with power button again. Fans run at normal speed. At this point if the MacBook goes back into state #1 (i.e. shutdown/sleep/close lid), I won’t be able to “power up” again. I’ll then continue with step #2.
1. Replaced DC-in, ok.
2. Wall socket checked out, ok.
3. Clean installation of latest OS, ok.
4. Charger using original one that came with my MacBook, ok.
Esta é uma boa pergunta?