Ir para o conteúdo principal

The Dell Inspiron 15-7559 is categorized as a gaming laptop, featuring a 15.6" screen, full keyboard with number pad, and 3 USB 3.0 ports.

10 Perguntas Visualizar todos

plastic housing broke near monitor's left hinge. help: finding parts

Hi boys and girls

My girl friend's laptop's outer shell broke close to the left hinge of the monitor (pictures on google drive: Dell charged 68$ to ship the laptop to repair center for inspection and 98$ for replacing the bottom and palm rest plastic housing (part labor and tax). they didn't acknowledge this as a defect because it doesn't happen often enough. My girl friend uses this laptop to run SAS so it's just under normal daily use and my girlfriend claimed she never dropped it. This failure seems very weird to me.

I wish I could find the housing from ebay or ifixit so I can DIY the repair if this happens again. but I don't know the part number. Could someone teach me how to find part number of a laptop part(housing for this case, but sometimes fan and other parts broke too) and the best place to find them? I think someone else will benefit from it too.

Thanks a lot!

Responder a esta pergunta Também tenho esse problema

Esta é uma boa pergunta?

Pontuação 4
4 comentários

I find that weird to because i had the same problem just on the other side


Dell is lying to you. This is a frequent issue and they are disclaiming it as "wear and tear" and not covering the repair under warranty.Search online and you'll find plenty of people with this problem. The part can be found online - T9X28


I just found upper and lower housing on ifixit but out of stock.


This is a known issue going back to 2009 that Dell refuses to take responsibility for.


Adicionar um comentário

1 resposta

Pergunta mais útil


Here is a link to the service manual for the laptop.

Unfortunately it does NOT give the part numbers for any of the various parts for the laptop.

A lot of the time the part number is printed or stamped on the part itself. Not good if you need to get to the underside of the upper case to find it ;-)

If none are there then my suggestion is to search online, using the appropriate term for the part, as described in the manual.

When you find suppliers, check if they list a SKU number with the part.

Once you have the number, you can search online using the number only (do not include ' SKU' with the number when searching) to find other suppliers that may suit you better.

Here is an example of what I mean. Notice the SKU T9X28 number for the 1st part shown in the link. Then search as per the image below for other suppliers

Block Image

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing)

After having visited a number of parts suppliers' sites you should be able to build up a catalogue of most of the part numbers, making it easier to find parts.

List them next to the part in the service manual. That's what Lenovo does, whilst HP has a parts list in their manuals

Update (03/06/2018)


Is this and this the parts that you are after?

Esta resposta foi útil?

Pontuação 3

2 comentários:

It helps me find the parts I will need. However I still need to effectively teardown the entire housing (top/keyboard and bottom) in order to fix the issue. And may need to get myself a replacement hinge. I'm looking for the safest path to fix this issue.


If you disassemble the laptop completely, you will find a QR code on all dell parts, this has the part number embedded onto the QR code.

I have disassembled exactly the same machine this morning.

The part number you are looking for is T9X28

If you need the plamrest\keyboard bezel, Y5WDT


Adicionar um comentário

Adicionar a sua resposta

Siliang Yin será eternamente grato(a).
Exibir estatísticas:

Últimas 24 horas: 1

Últimos 7 dias: 3

Últimos 30 dias: 16

Duração total: 1,656