Startup stalls at Apple Logo
Powerbook was given to me by a friend as it displayed no video. I reseated the video cord and voila: os X 10.3 desktop! BUT the upper case was damaged and the trackpad non-responsive, so I replaced the upper case per instructions found here (thanks!)
After replacing the upper case, I left the battery out, and charged it overnight to make certain that the PRAM battery was charged. Machine booted fine, and I proceeded to do a clean install. I did a verify, found errors, attempted a repair and was informed DU could not repair the disk. I erased the disk instead, and verified. Told OK.
Installed 10.4 from system disk. Installation proceeded smoothly, but upon restart, all stalled at apple logo (gray apple, gray background).
No Peripheral devices.
Since then, I have tried
1. Swap Memory - no memory difference.
2. Reset the NVRAM/PRAM - no difference.
3. Safe Boot - did not respond to command
4. Verbose - did not respond to command
5. Start-up from os 9 or 10.3 won't respond to C command at startup.
6. Start-up from Data Rescue allows view of drive. Scan indicates 2000 ms seek times at several points.
7. Start-up from os 10.4. Profiler shows full RAM installed, POST last run 4/1/76 (sic) passed. Software Extensions does show Dependency Errors on IOAudioFamily for .iokit.IOUSBFamily, and .kernal.iokit. Airport card was not found. Disk passed verification. Repaired permissions w/o fault. Selected HD as start-up disk, shut down.
8. Removed Airport card.
9. Restarted. Ejected install disk.
I don't have another Hard drive to swap, and am hesitant to invest in another in order to test faulty HD as hypothesis.
All suggestions are welcome!
Esta pergunta é pertinente?