iPhone blocked, only emergency call available
Sorry for the long question, but I have an issue with my brother's iPhone 4 (iOS 7), from France (so SIM card, aso). Here is the problem:
- At the beginning, the power button was not working, the screen a little bit broken, so I opened the phone to see what to change and decided to order a power and sensor cable (the screen was not that damaged).
- I reassembled it. We put it on charge in order to power it, and the phone was working as previously (with still the power button not working)
- I don't know why, I re-opened it just to confirm my diagnostic one day later (before receiving the power and sensor cable), reassembled again, but that time the phone didn't display anything when we put it on charge. However, the phone was "working" as we could hear the keyboard, make it vibrate by putting silence mode, aso..
- When I received the power and sensor cable, I replaced it, but after reassembling it together, it was as if nothing had changed: power button not working, nothing on the display when charging.
- So I re-opened it, changed the screen with a working one, tested it, and when opened, I have been able to make work the power button a couple of times (but not everytime I pressed it), and thus put it into DFU (at that time, I hoped it was only a software problem, and not a mainboard issue). The apple went visible. And here is the problem I am now facing:
the screen after the apple is the locked screen, with, written in the middle: "iPhone de-activated" (not locked). and the slide bar shows: "slide for emergency call", and when I slide it, I arrive to the keyboard for emergency call, but that's all.
- I reassembled it, now it is still in the same state, with the power button not working. When I connect it to my iTunes (not the one the iPhone is synchronized with) with my SIM card inside, it recognizes the Phone, and iTunes tell me to acknowledge the computer from the phone, but nothing appears on the screen. the same with jailbreak softwares...
I put the motherboard into a working iPhone, I obtained the same result (screen locked, and only emergency calls available). I put another motherboard in this iPhone, but the power button still didn't work, and at this time, sadly, I was using the display that might not work, so nothing appeared on the screen.
First, thanks and congratulation for having read this story !!
Then, does somebody have an idea on what I could do to fix it?
If I have time, I will re-put a working mainboard into the phone with the working display, to see if I have something different (wich I should).
Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for the long, very long description...
Have a nice day.
Esta pergunta é pertinente?