Hi Paul, Have you tried booting the phone without the camera/proxy/speaker flex in place/attached? I have seen the blue screen of death caused by a faulty camera/proxy/speaker flex before. Simply remove from connector and boot with the LCD and touch flex in place. I expect you've tried it but hopefully a simple answer. The burnt out charger is worrying though.
Solved.......School boy error, wrong screws in wrong holes for connector shield causing visible trace damage to centre and bottom right screw holes, that'll teach me for working late and removing both motherboards at the same time. Anyone know a mobo repair specialist in the UK? Update.....After consulting the legend that is Jessa @iPad rehab it seems it's a touch ic failure which is common with the iPhone 6. The trace part of the mobo is under a metal shield so unlikely that's the cause.
I have this problem as well, any solutions? Soft reset doesn't help. Factory reset and set up as new phone doesn't help. Cleaning connectors with iso alcohol didn't help. Software updated normally. I've tried several known working screens but they only function for a few minutes before freezing and not always working from boot up.
Try reseating the LCD and touch flexes (under the shield held in place by the 5 screws towards the top centre of the motherboard) Make sure you lift the battery connector first. The lines relate to the connectors gold pins. Failing that it's a faulty screen or possible damage to the connectors. Good luck
I believe the screen should black out on phone calls. It's to stop your ear pressing the touch screen and is controlled by a proxy sensor to the left of the ear speaker when looking at the front of it. It should only black out when the sensor is covered so not when your making a call and the phone is away from your face (on loudspeaker) to allow you to press options/numbers etc Could be that you've damaged the proxy sensor when removing it.
https://www.mendmyi.com/blog/2014/06/has-your-iphone-5-died-and-wont-charge-or-come-back-on-we-can-fix-that/ i have come across this problem and thought it was water damage although the water markers tell a different story. I tested the battery in another phone and low and behold it charged. Once charged enough to power on i put it into the faulty phone and it continued to charge. there's a few options 1. don't ever let your phone completely drain of power (not easy) 2. get it fixed as per above link 3. buy a battery bank/charge case and again don't ever let your phone drain completely 4. take a chance with taking it back to apple for a replacement (not easy either) Apparently fault is due to using non-apple chargers or car chargers which charge at different voltages that the iPhone isn't designed for which in turn damages the U2 ic chip.
Switch the tape across as pictured above. It 100% worked for me. Put the old and new digitiser side by side and you will see the difference. I believe the metal frame makes a contact with the home button flex causing it to think it's always pressed.
This will fix faulty home buttons, lock buttons and crazy touch screens as long as you certain everything else went perfectly with the install (please test digitiser by lifting up from base very slightly from home button end remembering that there are ribbon cables underneath and trying buttons touch etc to find out if this is your problem) please see diagram and transfer tapes from old to new digitiser