My P2’s battery died a few months ago (right before the P2 went out of Google support - I bought a P4a). The phone wouldnt’t work unless it was plugged into a charger. That actually got in the way with the upgrade as the P2 -> P4a transfer wanted me to connect the two phones via the USB-C cable. Of course, the moment I unlooked the P2 from the charger, it shut down.
Fast forward a few months, I drop my P4a and break the screen. No display and no touch. (and no insurance - never get it). So I buy yet another P4a and will wait for aftermarket screens to become available. In the meantime, I wanted to practice so I buy the P2 battery replacement and spend a whole Saturday doing the swap. The instructions were pretty good. However, I also had a set of dental picks and magnifying goggles. I’m a model railroader so I’m used to working with small tools.
It powered up just fine and is charging to 100% now. Thanks!
Getting this in place was really a pain. In a few places, it flipped 180deg on my but I don’t think it matters since the screen will compress the adhesive strip when you finally press it back.
Like Thomas, getting the battery cable back was a pain as my positioning of the new battery made the u-shaped cable slightly askew. I finally got it. I was afraid I was going to bend a pin but all good. And I also did the “press power and check for vibrate” trick. The battery (as I would later see) was 52% out of the box.
I think those cables to the left and right are for the “squeeze” sensors on the case.
I used lots of alcohol as other suggested. I got it out.
I had a heck of a time levering up the midframe. I had popped the side with the opening tool, but the other side was really stuck. I used some alcohol along the edge thinking there was some adhesive. Not sure. I eventually used a dental pick to pop it loose.
And when reinstalling, don’t forget to move the short braided cable back out of the way so you don’t trap it inside.
It is more effort than I anticipated. I really thought I was going to break it, but it was fine.
Many of the screws would not come out due to the original threadlocker on the threads. I found that if I just kept moving them around with a toothpick, I could get the out. I also had one of those telescoping magnetic bolt grabbers that pulled the screws out.
I took my time but a few times I slipped in more than I wanted. No harm. The bottom is the more tricky. The adhesive around the bottom opening goes right up against the ribbon cable for the screen. I got the edges unglued with alcohol & iOpener. I then gently pried the screen away and reached in with a small brush and more alcohol. I then used a toothpick to break the last pieces of adhesive.
I did the 90% alcohol and the iOpener. Took a while but finally got the screen off. As others have mentioned, there is lots of adhesive around the top and bottom speaker openings. I ended up reaching in with a small brush and more alcohol to get it. I used a tooth pick to break the final adhesive.
I also had a set of dental tools and a set of magnifying goggles (I’m a model railroader) which helped greatly.
Quando isso acontecer, você poderá ver um gráfico da reputação que ele adquiriu ao longo do tempo.
Aqui está uma prévia de como será o gráfico:
Nenhuma reputação adquirida ainda.