SSD Upgrade gone mostly wrong, but ended great!
Well, this whole thing started by trying to upgrade the SSD in my MacBook Air 11"(mid-2011). The upgrade kit I received had all the needed tools to do the upgrade. The moment came to do the upgrade and on the last screw to remove the backplate, I used a little bit of extra strength and stripped it. So in an act of desperation I tried to dremel a slot into the stripped screw, in which I did a lot of superficial damage to the MBA's backplate. Dremel and this kind of stuff is totally not mine something I usually do. Anyway, still didn't get the screw out and ended up going to a precision machine shop in which they extracted the screw flawlessly.
Well, once the stripped screw was extracted everything, including the SSD upgrade went smoothly. I was extra careful applying torque to remove and replace the remaining screws.
Dont do anything like this at the end of the day after a few beers, no matter how "cool" or "badass" the upgrade will make your computer.