Replacement of Matte LCD in 17" MacBook Pro (mid 2010)
2 - 3 horas
Success: About 3.5 hours.
Followed 2 iFixit repair guides:
1) Steps 1 - 16 for 17 inch Gloss LCD replacement:
2) Steps 21+ for 15 inch Matte LCD replacement, for the grey bezel:
Remember, the 15 screen internals are different from the 17 when it comes to the other screen parts, so refer back to the 17 guide (or video below) once the bezel is off.
Use this extra YouTube video for reference, as it's got instructions on putting back together again:
However, use this video as a supplemental (e.g. on iPad). Generally follow the iFixit method for disassembly (NB. remove the battery connector, remove the black rubber gasket around the bezel, etc, no need to remove hinges as in video).
Video is more useful for when putting things back together.
- I put the black rubber gasket back on first, and then the bezel.
- Putting back the Clutch Cover (step 17, guide 1) can be quite tricky; see on the video it says to put the cable on top of the hinge (of the left), so that the bottom can sit in the body. Have a look at the groves in it to see how they slide left into the screen body.
- My bezel reassembly needs more glue/work; it's not as flush as original.
Phillips #00 Screwdriver
Heavy-Duty Suction Cups (Pair)
iFixit Opening Picks (Set of 6)
TR6 Torx Security Screwdriver
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody LCD Panel