Where is PMU reset button?
iMac G4 won't boot, fan twitches
Trying to reinstall OS
Cause of Error trying to connect to Wifi?
Estas são algumas ferramentas comuns usadas para executar trabalhos neste dispositivo. Talvez você não precise usar todas elas em cada procedimento.
Track down a number of hardware problems using the iMac G4 Troubleshooting page.
You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the iMac G4.
- Memory: iMac G4 PowerMac 4,2 came with 128MB or 256MB standard. Upgrading to the maximum of 1 GB will improve performance, and can be done very easily by installing two 512 MB sticks of RAM, one external RAM stick, and one internal RAM stick.
- Hard Drive: A 40 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drive came standard with the iMac G4 PPC 4,2. You can upgrade all the way up to a 128 GB hard drive.
- Optical Drive: The standard optical drive shipped with iMac G4 PPC 4,2 is either a 10x CD-RW or a 10x CD-RW/"Combo" . The optical drive can easily be upgraded to a SuperDrive.
- AirPort Card: The iMac G4 PPC 4,2 offered an optional 802.11b AirPort card. If a particular iMac was not built with one, it can easily be installed later.
Identification and Background
Originally known as "The New iMac", and Priced between US $ 1299 and US $ 1499, the iMac G4 was created to replace the iMac G3 as Apple's all-in-one desktop computer. Apple advertised that its LCD screen had the flexibility of a desk lamp, giving it the nickname "iLamp". It was produced from the beginning of 2002 until mid 2004, when it was replaced by the iMac G5 Repair. The G5 omitted the dome shaped case at the bottom, and placed all of its components within the casing of the monitor. Today, the iMac G4 is still valued somewhere between US $200 to US $ 350 dollars.
If you're unsure of which particular model you have, follow the identification system steps to find out before following any repair guides, or purchasing any replacement parts.
- 700 MHz
- PowerPC 7441 (G4)
- PC133 SDRAM
- Standard 128MB, 256MB
- Max 1GB
- Ram Slots: 2
- GeForce2 MX
- VRAM type DDR SDRAM
- Build-in 15"
- Resolution 1024x768
- Second display mirroring only
- AirPort 802.11b (Optional)
- Standard Ethernet 10/100Base-T
- 3 USB 1.1 ports
- 2 FireWire 400 ports
- Pre-Installed 9.2.2 & X 10.1.2
- Maximum X 10.4.11
- 12.95 x 15.1 x 10.6*
- 21.3 lbs. (9.7 kg)