MacBook does not power on, but does chime.
My friend has asked me to take a look at their laptop, A1706 because it will not power on. When the power button is pressed, you can hear the chime, see the backlight turn on, but there is no display.
- Backlight turns on
- Boot chime works
- The caps lock can be turned on and off
- The touch bar displays nothing
- Connecting an external display via dock does not work (Dock confirmed working with another MacBook pro) (Dock also receives power from the MacBook Pro)
Steps I've tried:
- Resetting SMC & NVRAM
- Opened the laptop up to see if I can see any obvious damage. There was none
- Unplugged the battery for a minute then plugged it back in
Anyone got any ideas as to what this could be? My only guess so far is that the built-in GPU has died, which I presume is a logic board replacement.
Esta é uma boa pergunta?