PC giving 'no signal' when booting up
Hey all, just built a new pc and having a bit of trouble. PC specs are: MSI Tomahawk mag b550 mobo, EVGA geforce 3060 gpu, ryzen 5 3600 cpu, an old seagate barracuda 1tb hdd with an existing windows installation on it (i figured i could pull this out of my old pc and put it into my new one and it would boot from that), an evga 700 gd psu (non-modular), and a 1tb samsung nvme ssd.
Upon finishing assembling the pc, plugged it in and fired it up and got the bios, hit f10 to exit and... no signal. Subsequent reboots gave the same result, and no amount of hitting the DEL key, or the F11 key would cause the BIOS or boot screens to show up. Something else to note is that the ezdebug light on the mobo was lit up on 'Boot' during these times.
Edit: The HDMI cable that I tested everything with is a working cable.
Here's everything I've done to try and rectify the issue (I turned the pc on after each attempt):
- Re-seated and ensured all power supply cords were connected properly
- Reset CMOS via shorting
- Reset CMOS via removing the CMOS battery
- Removed one stick of ram, turning it on with one remaining stick, and vice versa
- Plugged hdmi cord into mobo
- Removed GPU
- Removed only the HDD
- Removed only the SSD
- Removed both HDD and SSD
- Note: The PC actually booted back up to BIOS after this change, but after hitting f10 to exit again, I got the no signal error again and subsequent attempts with both the HDD and SSD removed didn't send me to BIOS anymore.
- Removed the HDD, kept the SSD, and booted the pc while a USB containing a windows install on it was inserted
- Note: The boot light on the mobo ezdebug disappears when I have the USB inserted.
- Tried with an older GPU
- Tried a displayport cable on both the gpu and the motherboard without a gpu installed
- Note: the VGA light on the mobo ezdebug turns on when i dont have a gpu installed
If anyone has any ideas/helpful advice, it is much appreciated!!
EDIT: I managed to get windows installed into the ssd. I updated the bios via usb and the bios flash button on the mobo, then booted with my windows installation usb. After windows installed, it normally reboots into windows, but instead it rebooted into a no signal screen again So im still having the issue.
Esta é uma boa pergunta?