Purchased an original 3DS XL with a "Display issue" Trying to repair
So I purchased another 3DS XL from ebay with a "display issue" it turns on blue light stays on and no backlight sound or screen turning on. It also charges as normal.
Here is what I have done so far based on what I have read online:
- Took it apart and cleaned all contacts and inspected all contacts that are within view - no change
- Re-seated all ribbon cables - no change
- removed mother board and tested it in another known working 3DS XL and the board works fine
- Purchased a new bottom touch screen installed that and still nothing
There is no turning on popping and shutting down. Battery tests at 3.7 V when fully charged
Only thing I can think of is I had a cut right trigger flex cable and replaced it with one from a original 3ds and nothing has changed.
Also there is case damage under above the right trigger so while the hinge still clicks there is a plastic piece which would normally hit against the actual case this plastic piece does come out a little when clicking the hinge to open or close the system. I do not think that has anything to do with it.
Would the cable be causing this?
I have tried using a SD card and testing to see if it was soft modded but nothing comes up on the screen in a recovery mode. Have tried recovery mode as well nothing.
I have checked the upper screen by removing the lid and all cables appear to be intact i have also tried:
- Looking in the hinge and no tears or damage to upper ribbon cables.
- Replacing the wifi board with a spare no change in behavior
- testing display ribbons on top LCD (the tiny ones) all seem to show continuity by beeping
I am at a loss, its not worth a lot to send it out to fix because the shell is in rough shape.
Esta pergunta é pertinente?