Is my phone damaged if the battery caught on fire?
I was replacing the battery on my phone and the white adhesives broke, so I had to slowly pry. However, the plastic prying tool accidentally bent the battery too much and it starting hissing and blowing smoke everywhere. It eventually caught on fire but I was able to quickly push the battery into a fireproof container without doing much harm to the room.
The battery was pushed off the phone within 5 seconds of it catching fire so I was wondering if the logic board or other circuits on the phone was damaged. I put a new battery in and the phone works, but it refuses to get charged above 5 percent.
I have done multiple forced restarts and even tried the on/off automatic time switch, but the battery still refuses to charge above 5 percent.
Henceforth, is the new battery simple malfunctioning or did the temperature of the fire in damage the phone?
Esta é uma boa pergunta?