MacBook Pro won't turn on
A friend gave me a Macbook Pro that did not work anymore, so I decided to see the source of the problem, to do a SMC reset, but nothing worked. So I thought you might be able to help me. I will try to be as clear as possible.
The Macbook Pro 13 inch year mid-2010 is in very good condition, the battery seems to work and when I connect the charger, it shows a green signal continuously, without blinking.
First of all, the battery is charged and I can see with the battery indicator that it is 90% charged. But the battery indicator only works with the connected charger cable. Indeed, if I disconnect the charger, the battery indicator shows nothing, 0%, no sign of life.
If I only disconnect the battery but I leave the charger connected, it just flashes that there is no battery connected, which is quite normal.
So I tried an SMC, whether with the battery connected or not connected :
- Shutdown your MacBook Air / MacBook Pro
- Connect the power adapter to the Mac
- On the MacBook / Pro’s keyboard, hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time
- Release all keys and the power button at the same time – the little light on the MagSafe adapter may change colors briefly to indicate the SMC has reset
- Boot your Mac as usual
The problem here is that the power indicator shows nothing, the same for the charger, which remains green as usual, the SMC reset seems to have no effect.
Also, I tried this, but did nothing :
Older MacBook laptops, indicated by having a removable battery, can reset SMC with the following approach:
- Shutdown the MacBook / Pro and remove the battery
- Disconnect the power adapter, hold the Power Key for 10 seconds
- Release the power key and reconnect your battery and power adapter
- Turn your Mac on
- Let's boot as usual
I also tried to see my motherboard to see if there were liquid damage or burned components but none of that, even with a multimeter, everything seems to be correct and the electrical signal passes to the components.
I think then something else : maybe the macbook pro needs a SMC reset but the keyboard with the power button is damaged which may explain that there is no signal to the cable or the battery with SMC.
Either it is a problem somewhere to the motherboard which can explain the fact that the macbook does not charge the battery and shows no sign with the indicator when I disconnect the charger and I leave the battery connected.
What do you recommend doing? How can I see if the keyboard and button works well ?
Esta pergunta é pertinente?