My iMac Shocked Me! Why and how do I fix it?
I just got a brand new 27" iMac 5k 3.4 GHz system.
When I opened the device I immediately connected the Magic Keyboard to charge it. My foot was naked touching the bare ground. I felt an electric shock from the keyboard, I disconnected it and then touched the lighting cable end it to also give me a painful electric shock.
I first thought was to google the problem, I read that the problem would be caused by lack of grounding, my home doesn't have one. But, I already have a Mac Mini and a MacBook Air and when I touch them barefoot it doesn't shock me.
I contacted AppleCare, they asked me to return the device to the store to diagnose it.
I bought the device from a verified reseller as where I live we don't have an official Apple store. First the tech guy was saying that he doesn't feel anything and the device looks fine. I asked him to remove his shoes and touch the lighting cable then he felt it.
After 3 days the store contacted me that they diagnosed the device and sent report to Apple and they refused the case and explained it's relate to the atmosphere. I told him but I have an Mac Mini and MacBook Air and they don't shock me!
He commented that as long as the case hasn't been refused by Apple he can't do anything.
Does it ordinary for a brand new iMac 2017 to electrically shock me! Why other devices - connected to the same power source in the same atmosphere - doesn't shock me.
I am worried that a component touching the chassis and it would damage the device after a while.
Currently I am waiting AppleCare spoke person who are responsible for my case to verify what the store service center informed me.
Please advice, should I accept that?
Esta pergunta é pertinente?