Screen is dead, but Mac boots successfully
my father's iMac screen is no longer working, but the Mac obviously still boots.
What I've been told: During use, the Mac "froze" (that's what my father called it, I have unfortunately no closer details). He pulled the power cord, reconnected the Mac and turned it on. But the screen stayed black.
What I've tried and found out so far:
- the Mac plays the boot sound
- the Mac seems to start booting successfully (the hard drive is spinning and making noises)
- after booting, the Mac makes the 'plop' sounds when I use the keyboard's volume buttons, so I assume the entire operating system is loading successfully
- I tried flushing the PRAM without any change (multiple attempts)
- I tried resetting the SMC without any change (multiple attempts)
- the screen is completely black; when using a flashlight, I can see no picture at all
What I have not tried so far:
- connecting an external screen (need to get hold of a suitable adapter)
Based on my observations, are there any obvious spots which I could check? Any suggestions, or hints concerning weak spots, known issues, etc. would be very welcome.
Esta pergunta é pertinente?