Ir para o conteúdo principal

Fix Your Stuff

Right to Repair

Parts & Tools

Model A1237 or A1304 / 1.6, 1.8, 1.86, or 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

375 Perguntas Visualizar todos

I ripped one of the cable that goes to LCD

I bought this MacBook Air mid 2009 (1304) with broken hinges while trying to fix the issue I ripped one of the cables going to the LCD. It's the one on the right side. The MacBook seems to be working fine however I think I should still replace the cable but to be honest I have no idea what the cable does or what is it called. Does anybody here know what I am looking for?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Pontuação 0
Adicionar um comentário

1 Resposta

Chosen Solution

Was it a thin round cable with a little copper connector on the end?

Was this answer helpful?

Pontuação 1


I don't think so it was going under the motherboard from the right hinge. But yes it's the thinner cable.


Oh ok, I was thinking of the other side, sorry. So, I'm doing this from memory, but if I remember correctly, the one that goes under the mother is either the webcam or the microphone. check the functionality of those. What I can tell you for sure is that disassembling that upper display to get to the able you're referring is a very delicate process involving a lot of heat, patience, and care. You're almost guaranteed to break something the first time you do it and most repair shops won't even attempt it, they'll just tell you that you need to replace the whole upper "clamshell" at a cost of $600 or more.


Oh okay, the webcam seems to be working but the microphone doesn't, I think I can live without that. Thank you for your quick response. :)


Adicionar um comentário

Add your answer

Leon will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 42