Pular para o conteúdo principal
Ajuda

Versão atual de: oldturkey03 ,

Texto:

Marko, skip the rice. The "rice trick" is one big myth. Just like any other electronic device that suffered from water damage, placing it in rice is equivalent to doing nothing. It does not prevent any kind of corrosion or fixes your computer. The best thing to do is to stop using the device, (remove the battery) and to totally disassemble it. Then clean every part (mostlymainly the logic board and the DC-in board itboard) with +90% isopropyl alcohol. This will displace the water and stop corrosion. It it okay to submerge all board in isopropyl alcohol. Use a soft brush to clean the boards. While you clean it, check for any missing, burned or otherwise damaged component. After that, air dry all the components. Do not forget to clean all the connectors on the board as well as the cables. Then re-assemble and re-evaluate. For as long as you continue to use a water damaged board without cleaning it, you are increasing the risk of shortcircuiting components due to corrosion. Water damage is the toughest to trouble shoot and to repair. Your computer does show a fuse for the PBus supply and battery charger circuitry, but your symptoms do not fit that of a failed fuse. This could be as simple as a burned resistor in the battery detect circuitry to as complicated as a bad power IC chip, or failed DC-in board. Hope this helps, good luck.
Marko, skip the rice. The "rice trick" is one big myth. Just like any other electronic device that suffered from water damage, placing it in rice is equivalent to doing nothing. It does not prevent any kind of corrosion or fixes your computer. The best thing to do is to stop using the device, (remove the battery) and to totally disassemble it. Then clean every part (mostlymainly the logic board and the DC-in board itboard) with +90% isopropyl alcohol. This will displace the water and stop corrosion. It it okay to submerge all board in isopropyl alcohol. Use a soft brush to clean the boards. While you clean it, check for any missing, burned or otherwise damaged component. After that, air dry all the components. Do not forget to clean all the connectors on the board as well as the cables. Then re-assemble and re-evaluate. For as long as you continue to use a water damaged board without cleaning it, you are increasing the risk of shortcircuiting components due to corrosion. Water damage is the toughest to trouble shoot and to repair. Your computer does show a fuse for the PBus supply and battery charger circuitry, but your symptoms do not fit that of a failed fuse. This could be as simple as a burned resistor in the battery detect circuitry to as complicated as a bad power IC chip, or failed DC-in board. Hope this helps, good luck.

Status:

open

Postagem original de: oldturkey03 ,

Texto:

Marko, skip the rice. The "rice trick" is one big myth. Just like any other electronic device that suffered from water damage, placing it in rice is equivalent to doing nothing. It does not prevent any kind of corrosion or fixes your computer.  The best thing to do is to stop using the device, (remove the battery) and to totally disassemble it. Then clean every part (mostly the logic board and the DC-in board it with +90% isopropyl alcohol. This will displace the water and stop corrosion. It it okay to submerge all board in isopropyl alcohol. Use a soft brush to clean the boards. While you clean it, check for any missing, burned or otherwise damaged component. After that, air dry all the components. Do not forget to clean all the connectors on the board as well as the cables. Then re-assemble and re-evaluate. For as long as you continue to use a water damaged board without cleaning it, you are increasing the risk of shortcircuiting components due to corrosion. Water damage is the toughest to trouble shoot and to repair. Your computer does show a fuse for the PBus supply and battery charger circuitry, but your symptoms do not fit that of a failed fuse. This could be as simple as a burned resistor in the battery detect circuitry to as complicated as a bad power IC chip, or failed DC-in board. Hope this helps, good luck.

Status:

open